Visitor's view

I have moved to Ireland five years ago from the Czech republic and I am so loving this country. Join me for discoveries of all these beautiful places
Powered By Blogger

Sunday 11 August 2013

The Wicklow mountains - Lough Tan "Guinness lake" & the waterfall

Lough Tan from above
Sally Gap is a beautiful part of the Wicklow mountains. I call this lake "Guinness lake" because it looks like a pint of Guinness to me. This is a map of the area.  I want to point out two places - Lough Tan and  secret waterfall. Both places are really enjoyable and you can have nice picnic here. From the lough Tan view point you can walk up the Wicklow way up to Cronewood where you could be picked up or walk a bit further to Knockree and take public bus back to town.


The secret waterfall valley

 There is no real public transport to these areas. The Wicklow way is public transport accessible from Roundwood or Knockree.  Use my map if you want to drive. The waterfall is not in the maps but worth seeing, that's why I call this place a secret waterfall. You will enjoy looking down the valley or just the sheep around. The whole drive takes about half a day, you can connect it with visiting Glendalough which is nearby. The forested area around the waterfall offers a nice area for a short walk along the river. The roads might be narrow so watch out for other drivers passing you & enjoy!

Don't be sheepish
Overlooking the waterfall
Lough Tan view






No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate